THURsday, April 24, 2014
- Patrick Kane's second goal of the game gave the Blackhawks a 4-3 overtime win over the Blues Wednesday night in Chicago, tying their first-round playoff series at 2-2. Vladimir Tarasenko scored twice for the Blues, including a goal that gave them a 3-2 lead with just 7:34 to play in the third period, but Bryan Bickell scored for the Blackhawks to send the game to overtime.
- Game five of the series will be Friday night at Scottrade Center.
- Michael Wacha set a career high with 10 strikeouts but it was walks that got him in trouble Wednesday night as the Mets defeated the Cardinals 3-2 in New York. He walked in two runners with the bases loaded in the fourth inning.
- Lance Lynn will put his perfect April record on the line in the final game of the series and the road trip in a day game today. Lynn is 4-0 this year and 12-0 in 13 career April starts. Bartolo Colon will pitch for the Mets.
- The NFL released the 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday and the Rams will host a Monday Night football game against the San Francisco 49ers and a Thursday night game against the Arizona Cardinals. The Rams will open the season at home on Sept. 7 against Minnesota.